Syntax Detection

  • jason heddings
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2005
      Is it possible to determine (based on the cursor location) which syntax
      elements are being matched?

      i.e. if I were editing a C++ file and the cursor were in a string, I might
      press a key to see "String,Constant" etc.

      Thanks,
      --jah
    • Charles E. Campbell, Jr.
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2005
        jason heddings wrote:

        >Is it possible to determine (based on the cursor location) which syntax
        >elements are being matched?
        >
        >i.e. if I were editing a C++ file and the cursor were in a string, I might
        >press a key to see "String,Constant" etc.

        Take a look at: "How to tell what syntax highlighting group *that* is!":

        http://vim.sourceforge.net/tips/tip.php?tip_id=99

        Regards,
        Chip Campbell
      • jason heddings
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2005
          Works like a charm... Especially the script...