Re: Minimum buffer size.

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
      From: "Groleo Marius" <groleo@...>
      To: "Charles E. Campbell, Jr." <drchip@...>
      Cc: <vim@...>
      Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 4:35 PM
      Subject: Re: Minimum buffer size.
      [...]

      > Something that I've realised, is that the text in statusline could
      > not be binded( :map) ?
      >

      > --
      > Regards, Groleo!

      I'm not sure what you mean by that. It is possible to compute an expression
      in status-line context, and save it in a window-local (or other) variable as
      a side-effect of a function. That variable can then be examined in
      "ordinary" script or command-line context (for instance as a result of a
      mapping). It is also possible to display on the status line anything that
      can be "seen" in the context of that window, for instance a variable which
      is modified as a result of a mapping.