Re: Minimum buffer size.

  • Tim Chase
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
      > Is it possible so a buffer could be resized so only it's statusLine
      > would be visible?
      >
      > Below is how normal vim does it:
      >
      > +-------------------
      > | <- buffer_1
      > |=================== <- buffer_1 status line

      Just to get terminology right, those are "windows", not "buffers"
      :) Windows are the various splittings of the screen realestate.
      Vim can have buffers open without having a window open on that
      buffer, but vim can't have a window open without having a buffer
      underlying it. Additional confusion can be had when you throw
      "arguments" into the mix.

      However, to do as you want, simply set 'winminheight' to 0 (as I
      believe it defaults to 1)

      :set winminheight=0

      -tim
    • Groleo Marius
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
        On 9/1/05, Tim Chase <vim@...> wrote:
        > > Is it possible so a buffer could be resized so only it's statusLine
        > > would be visible?
        > >
        > > Below is how normal vim does it:
        > >
        > > +-------------------
        > > | <- buffer_1
        > > |=================== <- buffer_1 status line
        > > |

        > Just to get terminology right, those are "windows", not "buffers"
        > :) Windows are the various splittings of the screen realestate.
        > Vim can have buffers open without having a window open on that
        > buffer, but vim can't have a window open without having a buffer
        > underlying it. Additional confusion can be had when you throw
        > "arguments" into the mix.
        >
        > However, to do as you want, simply set 'winminheight' to 0 (as I
        > believe it defaults to 1)
        >
        > :set winminheight=0
        >
        > -tim

        :) Works.!
        The next thing that comes in my mind: can a text , from the statusLine,
        be highlighted? something like the autocomplete.
        What I'm thinking of is a better tabbar :P

        --
        Regards, Groleo!

        # touch universe
        # chmod +x universe
        # ./universe
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
            Tony Mechelynck wrote:

            > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Groleo Marius" <groleo@...>

            I'd like to point out that ZoomWin allows one to "zoom into" a window
            (ie. have it expand to take over the entire vim screen)
            and "zoom back" to a multiple window display (whether "tabbed" or not):

            BTW, here's my status line:

            if has("win32")
            set stl=%1*%f%2*\ %h%m%r%0*%=%-14.(%l,%c%V%)%<\ %P\
            Win%{winnr()}:%{winwidth(0)}x%{winheight(0)}\ %<%{strftime(\"%a\ %b\
            %d,\ %Y,\ %I:%M:%S\ \%p\")}
            else
            set stl=%1*%f%2*\ %h%m%r%0*%=%-14.(%l,%c%V%)%<\ %P\
            Win%{winnr()}:%{winwidth(0)}x%{winheight(0)}\ %<%{strftime(\"%a\ %b\
            %d,\ %Y,\ %l:%M:%S\ \%p\")}
            endif

            As Tony says, watch for mailer-"beautified" mayhem to the commands
            above. I use two "custom" colors; they're defined and available
            in astronaut.vim
            (http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=122).

            Regards,
            Chip Campbell
          • Groleo Marius
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
              On 9/1/05, Charles E. Campbell, Jr. <drchip@...> wrote:
              > Tony Mechelynck wrote:
              >
              > > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Groleo Marius" <groleo@...>

              Ok, combining the stuff above, got a little hack.
              http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4648/1229/1600/ss.jpg
              The topbar should list all the modifiable buffers( not windows :) )
              An effect simmilar to the one you got when you
              :edit <TAB>
              Something that I've realised, is that the text in statusline could
              not be binded( :map) ?

              --
              Regards, Groleo!

              # touch universe