Re: Minimum buffer size.

  • Gareth Oakes
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
      Hi Groleo,

      Groleo Marius wrote:
      > 'lo.
      > Is it possible so a buffer could be resized so only it's statusLine
      > would be visible?

      I have a couple of commands setup in my vimrc for "rolodex" mode:

      command Rolo set noequalalways winheight=99999 winminheight=0
      command NoRolo set equalalways winheight=4 winminheight=1

      This sounds very similar to what you want, give it a try. You can use
      ":Rolo" and ":NoRolo" to turn the rolodex mode on/off. When you click
      on a "minimised" status bar it will open that window up fully.

      Cheers,
      -G
    • Tim Chase
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
        > Is it possible so a buffer could be resized so only it's statusLine
        > would be visible?
        >
        > Below is how normal vim does it:
        >
        > +-------------------
        > | <- buffer_1
        > |=================== <- buffer_1 status line

        Just to get terminology right, those are "windows", not "buffers"
        :) Windows are the various splittings of the screen realestate.
        Vim can have buffers open without having a window open on that
        buffer, but vim can't have a window open without having a buffer
        underlying it. Additional confusion can be had when you throw
        "arguments" into the mix.

        However, to do as you want, simply set 'winminheight' to 0 (as I
        believe it defaults to 1)

        :set winminheight=0

        -tim
      • Groleo Marius
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
          On 9/1/05, Tim Chase <vim@...> wrote:
          > > Is it possible so a buffer could be resized so only it's statusLine
          > > would be visible?
          > >
          > > Below is how normal vim does it:
          > >
          > > +-------------------
          > > | <- buffer_1
          > > |=================== <- buffer_1 status line
          > > |

          > Just to get terminology right, those are "windows", not "buffers"
          > :) Windows are the various splittings of the screen realestate.
          > Vim can have buffers open without having a window open on that
          > buffer, but vim can't have a window open without having a buffer
          > underlying it. Additional confusion can be had when you throw
          > "arguments" into the mix.
          >
          > However, to do as you want, simply set 'winminheight' to 0 (as I
          > believe it defaults to 1)
          >
          > :set winminheight=0
          >
          > -tim

          :) Works.!
          The next thing that comes in my mind: can a text , from the statusLine,
          be highlighted? something like the autocomplete.
          What I'm thinking of is a better tabbar :P

          --
          Regards, Groleo!

          # touch universe
          # chmod +x universe
          # ./universe
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
              Tony Mechelynck wrote:

              > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Groleo Marius" <groleo@...>

              I'd like to point out that ZoomWin allows one to "zoom into" a window
              (ie. have it expand to take over the entire vim screen)
              and "zoom back" to a multiple window display (whether "tabbed" or not):

              BTW, here's my status line:

              if has("win32")
              set stl=%1*%f%2*\ %h%m%r%0*%=%-14.(%l,%c%V%)%<\ %P\
              Win%{winnr()}:%{winwidth(0)}x%{winheight(0)}\ %<%{strftime(\"%a\ %b\
              %d,\ %Y,\ %I:%M:%S\ \%p\")}
              else
              set stl=%1*%f%2*\ %h%m%r%0*%=%-14.(%l,%c%V%)%<\ %P\
              Win%{winnr()}:%{winwidth(0)}x%{winheight(0)}\ %<%{strftime(\"%a\ %b\
              %d,\ %Y,\ %l:%M:%S\ \%p\")}
              endif

              As Tony says, watch for mailer-"beautified" mayhem to the commands
              above. I use two "custom" colors; they're defined and available
              in astronaut.vim
              (http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=122).

              Regards,
              Chip Campbell
            • Groleo Marius
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
                On 9/1/05, Charles E. Campbell, Jr. <drchip@...> wrote:
                > Tony Mechelynck wrote:
                >
                > > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Groleo Marius" <groleo@...>

                Ok, combining the stuff above, got a little hack.
                http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4648/1229/1600/ss.jpg
                The topbar should list all the modifiable buffers( not windows :) )
                An effect simmilar to the one you got when you
                :edit <TAB>
                Something that I've realised, is that the text in statusline could
                not be binded( :map) ?

                --
                Regards, Groleo!

                # touch universe