Minimum buffer size.

  • Groleo Marius
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
      'lo.
      Is it possible so a buffer could be resized so only it's statusLine
      would be visible?

      Below is how normal vim does it:

      +-------------------
      |=================== <- buffer_1 status line

      | <- buffer_2

      : <- command line

      And this is how I'm asking of
      +-------------------
      |=================== <- buffer_1 status line

      | <- buffer_2

      : <- command line

      --
      Regards, Groleo!

      # touch universe
      # chmod +x universe
      # ./universe
    • Gareth Oakes
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
        Hi Groleo,

        Groleo Marius wrote:
        > 'lo.
        > Is it possible so a buffer could be resized so only it's statusLine
        > would be visible?

        I have a couple of commands setup in my vimrc for "rolodex" mode:

        command Rolo set noequalalways winheight=99999 winminheight=0
        command NoRolo set equalalways winheight=4 winminheight=1

        This sounds very similar to what you want, give it a try. You can use
        ":Rolo" and ":NoRolo" to turn the rolodex mode on/off. When you click
        on a "minimised" status bar it will open that window up fully.

        Cheers,
        -G
      • Tim Chase
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
          > Is it possible so a buffer could be resized so only it's statusLine
          > would be visible?
          >
          > Below is how normal vim does it:
          >
          > +-------------------
          > | <- buffer_1
          > |=================== <- buffer_1 status line

          Just to get terminology right, those are "windows", not "buffers"
          :) Windows are the various splittings of the screen realestate.
          Vim can have buffers open without having a window open on that
          buffer, but vim can't have a window open without having a buffer
          underlying it. Additional confusion can be had when you throw
          "arguments" into the mix.

          However, to do as you want, simply set 'winminheight' to 0 (as I
          believe it defaults to 1)

          :set winminheight=0

          -tim
        • Groleo Marius
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
            On 9/1/05, Tim Chase <vim@...> wrote:
            > > Is it possible so a buffer could be resized so only it's statusLine
            > > would be visible?
            > >
            > > Below is how normal vim does it:
            > >
            > > +-------------------
            > > | <- buffer_1
            > > |=================== <- buffer_1 status line
            > > |

            > Just to get terminology right, those are "windows", not "buffers"
            > :) Windows are the various splittings of the screen realestate.
            > Vim can have buffers open without having a window open on that
            > buffer, but vim can't have a window open without having a buffer
            > underlying it. Additional confusion can be had when you throw
            > "arguments" into the mix.
            >
            > However, to do as you want, simply set 'winminheight' to 0 (as I
            > believe it defaults to 1)
            >
            > :set winminheight=0
            >
            > -tim

            :) Works.!
            The next thing that comes in my mind: can a text , from the statusLine,
            be highlighted? something like the autocomplete.
            What I'm thinking of is a better tabbar :P

            --
            Regards, Groleo!

            # touch universe
            # chmod +x universe
            # ./universe
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
                Tony Mechelynck wrote:

                > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Groleo Marius" <groleo@...>

                I'd like to point out that ZoomWin allows one to "zoom into" a window
                (ie. have it expand to take over the entire vim screen)
                and "zoom back" to a multiple window display (whether "tabbed" or not):

                BTW, here's my status line:

                if has("win32")
                set stl=%1*%f%2*\ %h%m%r%0*%=%-14.(%l,%c%V%)%<\ %P\
                Win%{winnr()}:%{winwidth(0)}x%{winheight(0)}\ %<%{strftime(\"%a\ %b\
                %d,\ %Y,\ %I:%M:%S\ \%p\")}
                else
                set stl=%1*%f%2*\ %h%m%r%0*%=%-14.(%l,%c%V%)%<\ %P\
                Win%{winnr()}:%{winwidth(0)}x%{winheight(0)}\ %<%{strftime(\"%a\ %b\
                %d,\ %Y,\ %l:%M:%S\ \%p\")}
                endif

                As Tony says, watch for mailer-"beautified" mayhem to the commands
                above. I use two "custom" colors; they're defined and available
                in astronaut.vim
                (http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=122).

                Regards,
                Chip Campbell
              • Groleo Marius
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 1, 2005
                  On 9/1/05, Charles E. Campbell, Jr. <drchip@...> wrote:
                  > Tony Mechelynck wrote:
                  >
                  > > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Groleo Marius" <groleo@...>

                  Ok, combining the stuff above, got a little hack.
                  http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4648/1229/1600/ss.jpg
                  The topbar should list all the modifiable buffers( not windows :) )
                  An effect simmilar to the one you got when you
                  :edit <TAB>
                  Something that I've realised, is that the text in statusline could
                  not be binded( :map) ?

                  --
                  Regards, Groleo!

                  # touch universe