RE: Highlight of matching brackets

  • adah@netstd.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 30, 2005
      Keith W. Roberts wrote:

      >> I think your idea might be correct, but the cure might not. I am
      >> guessing that the problem is that the sequence generated from
      >> HiMtchBrkt.vim is mixed up with my own keying. Maybe Bram can tell
      >> us whether this is possible in theory.
      >
      > Ah! You might have hit upon something here; you might be remapping
      > something used by the plugin. Try invoking vim without any of your
      > customizations:
      >
      > gvim -u NONE -U NONE
      >
      > This should (IIUC) load plugins, etc., but not .vimrc or .gvimrc.
      > Check to see that HiMtchBrkt.vim is loaded and try what you were doing
      > before. If it works fine, then you know it's something of yours which
      > bolluxed things. Then you can list maps, abbrevs, etc. to see what is
      > used by the plugins that you have inadvertently usurped.

      I used `gvim -N -u NORC -U NONE' as Tony suggested. The problem still
      occurs, though it `seemed' to occur less often (one of headaches is that
      I cannot reproduce the problem reliably).

      >> (I also tried replacing lines like `inoremap <silent> <down>
      >> it seemed the problem appeared even more rarely, but it still did not
      >> vanish.)
      >
      > I think "seemed" is appropriate here, as the whole purpose of the
      > "nore" in inoremap is to *not* reinterpret <down> *inside* the map, or
      > in anything invoked by the map. :) Besides, the map as you have shown
      > it won't work, because in Input mode, 'j' will insert the letter 'j',
      > whereas <down> moves down one line. You would have had to use <c-o>j
      > instead.

      You are right. My change was wrong (and `j' etc. are already used for
      normal-mode mappings) and did not take effect in the test at all.

      Best regards,

      Yongwei