XSL Transformations and Vim

  • Alejandro Calbazana
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 26 8:51 AM
      Hello,

      Does anyone have a method of applying XSL transformations using Vim?
      I'd like to apply an XSL to an opened XML document using Vim.

      Thanks,

      Alejandro
    • marc chantreux
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 26 9:12 AM
        Alejandro Calbazana a écrit :
        > Hello,
        >
        > Does anyone have a method of applying XSL transformations using Vim?
        > I'd like to apply an XSL to an opened XML document using Vim.

        something like :

        :%!xsltproc mystyle.xsl -

        ?
      • Tim Chase
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 26 9:17 AM
          > Does anyone have a method of applying XSL transformations
          > using Vim? I'd like to apply an XSL to an opened XML document

          If you've got "xsltproc" available on your system, you might be
          able to do something along the lines of

          :%y|new|put|1d|%!xsltproc foo.xslt -

          It does tromp on your current yank-buffer, but otherwise, it
          seems to work for me. The whole mess can be wrapped in a mapping
          if so desired.

          Might want to also do a "setlocal nomodified" on the resulting
          buffer afterwards just to prevent it from hollering at you when
          you try and close the window.

          Hope this helps...

          -tim