resolved: 'cedit' key not working; sug: doc fix

  • M.K.
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2005
      I figured out why CTRL-F wasn't working for me on the command line: long
      ago, deep in my .vimrc file I put in Emacs bindings for Vim's command line,
      as per ":help emacs-keys". That means that I had a ":cmap CTRL-F" in
      there, and it seems that ":cmap" supersedes 'cedit'. Perhaps this should
      be mentioned in the Vim documentation for 'cedit' as something to watch out
      for? Or better yet, 'cedit' could be instead replaced by something like
      :cmap CTRL-F :call bring_up_cmd_line_window()
      no? This would make for a cleaner design; as is, 'cedit' and ":cmap" are
      very non-orthogonal in function...