Re: vanishing syntax highlighting problem

  • Charles E. Campbell, Jr.
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2005
      Hari Krishna Dara wrote:

      >For the last few days, I have been having a weird problem with syntax
      >highlighting...

      Hello, Hari!

      May I throw another suggestion or two into the hat?

      * have you made any recent changes to your <.vimrc>?
      * have you recently added/upgraded any plugins/ftplugins/etc?

      Do you have any backups of, say, a month ago when you weren't having
      problems.
      I suggest restoring from your backups (assuming you have any): .vimrc
      and the .vim/
      directory tree. Move your current .vimrc and .vim to something safe
      first, like
      DOTVIMRC and DOTVIM.

      Do your usual editing and see if your problem recurs. If it doesn't,
      then look for
      changes (use vimdiff, diff, cmp, etc).

      If it does, then use an even older backup :) . I would also suggest
      that you upgrade
      your vim, just in case some patch has already fixed whatever is ailing you.

      Regards, and good luck!
      Chip Campbell