how to use vim as a file manager?

  • bxuefeng
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2005
      Hi vim users,

      How to make vim a sleek yet powerful file manager?

      I got his script ls.vim from the main site but not so happy with its key
      mappings. (I am tweaking it but I am no coder)

      Is it possible to use vim like this:

      vi /home/user

      and start managing files?

      regards

      bxuef

      --
      dhammapada says:

      Like the earth he is not disturbed, like a great pillar he is firmly set
      and reliable, like a lake he is free from defilement. There are no more
      rebirths for such a well set man. 95
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2005