VimGDB

  • Jingzhao Ou
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2005
      Dear all,

      I want to use GDB within Vim, similar to what is provided by Emacs.
      There is a plugin called VimGDB, which looks very cool. However, in
      order to use it, I will need to patch and recompile Vim, which seems
      to be quite some work for a newbie. I wonder if any one can give me
      some suggestions on this issue.

      Thanks a lot!

      Best regards,
      Jingzhao
    • Fran├žois Pinard
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2005
        [Jingzhao Ou]

        > I want to use GDB within Vim, similar to what is provided by Emacs.
        > There is a plugin called VimGDB, which looks very cool. However, in
        > order to use it, I will need to patch and recompile Vim, which seems
        > to be quite some work for a newbie. I wonder if any one can give me
        > some suggestions on this issue.

        Another possible avenue is to try Agide, if it happens to work fo you.
        It does not yet for me, but I do not have much time to push on it. It
        may be that this is what Bram himself uses for debugging C code, and
        guess what (!), Agide and Vim are meant to closely cooperate.

        Visit http://www.a-a-p.org/index.html and use only your right eye! :-)

        --
        Fran├žois Pinard http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca