CTRL-X CTRL-N in command line?

  • M.K.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2005
      Is it possible to somehow get CTRL-X CTRL-N functionality (word completion
      from insert mode) when editing the command line? From time to time I run
      into the situation where I start with ":%s/", at which point in time I
      realize that the word I want to substitute for is quite long and somewhere
      in the current buffer, hence would prefer to just type its first few
      letters and have Vim complete the rest from the current buffer. Usually in
      such cases the cursor is *not* on the word in question, else I would have
      used CTRL-R CTRL-W...