Launch gVim from terminal on Mac OS X Tiger

  • Ketil Karstad
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2005
      I have downloaded Vim 6.3 for OS X Tiger from this site:
      http://macvim.org/OSX/index.php. When I try launching Vim from the terminal
      as they describe it on this site (open -a Vim) I get the following error:

      2005-07-29 11:19:22.759 open[280] LSOpenFromURLSpec() returned -10660 for
      application Vim path (null).
      2005-07-29 11:19:22.760 open[280] Couldn't launch application: Vim

      The thing is this worked before. After I changed the .vimrc and .gvimrc
      files Vim would not launch. I then restored the backups I made before making
      any changes. Vim would then launch as usual when doubble clicked in the
      Application folder, but launching it from the terminal no longer works.

      If any one knows how to fix this I will appreciate some help.

      Thank you,
      Ketil

      http://toolbar.msn.co.uk/