Re: gVim with Mac OS X

  • James Vega
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 6, 2005
      On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 01:53:45PM -0500, Eljay Love-Jensen wrote:
      > >3.- Where are all my config-files and -folders (like colors, plugin etc.)?
      >
      > From within Vim or gVim, do this...
      > :echo $VIMRUNTIME

      You can also make those directories in ~/.vim for personal
      customization, just like any other *nix OS.

      James
    • Alan Schmitt
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 7, 2005
        Le 6 juil. 05 à 20:19, Vlad Ghitulescu a écrit :

        2.- How can I make a tilde with the Mac-keyboard? :-((

        It really depends on the keyboard. If it's configured as qwerty (or dvorak), then ~ is in the lower left key (just right of shift). Otherwise you might have to do "alt-N space" (this is what's needed for French keyboards, for instance).

        One really easy way to find how to do the keys is:
        - open the system Preferences
        - choose "International"
        - go to "Input menu" (I don't know the English denomination for it, it's the rightmost tab)
        - activate "keyboard visualizer" there and "display the input menu"
        - in the newly appeared menu item (which should reflect your current layout), choose the "keyboard visualizer", you'll then see what each key does, by itself, when pressing shift, or alt, etc...

        HTH,

        Alan Schmitt

      • Alan Schmitt
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 7, 2005
          Le 7 juil. 05 à 09:34, Alan Schmitt a écrit :

          > Le 6 juil. 05 à 20:19, Vlad Ghitulescu a écrit :
          >
          >> 2.- How can I make a tilde with the Mac-keyboard? :-((
          >
          > It really depends on the keyboard. If it's configured as qwerty (or
          > dvorak), then ~ is in the lower left key (just right of shift).

          Sorry for replying to my own message, but I just realized that the ~
          key is there _for an azerty keyboard configured as qwerty or dvorak_.
          If your keyboard physical layout is qwerty, it is not there.

          (Not only keyboard mappings differ from country to country, but the
          actual physical layout is also different ... there are more keys on a
          French azerty keyboard than on an American qwerty, for instance.
          Crazy world).

          Alan