Text Styles

  • Varun Gupta
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2005
      Hi All

      Is there any way we can incorporate text styles -
      BOLD , ITALICS etc in our VIM document

      Best Regards

      Varun

      Yahoo! Sports
      http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com
    • Georg Dahn
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4, 2005
        Hi!

        > Is there any way we can incorporate text styles -
        > BOLD , ITALICS etc in our VIM document

        No, because VIM is a text editor and no word processing program.
        However, if you are editing HTML files, VIM will display bold text as
        bold text, italic text as italic, ... but I suppose, that's not what you
        are looking for.

        Best wishes,
        Georg

      • Wind
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2005
          Hello Varun,
          This is the matter of a color scheme and syntax highliting.
          So you can do it.
          For example try:
          :hi Comment gui=italic
          and look at the comments.