Re: vim next line

  • Suresh Govindachar
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2005
      Neszt Tibor Sent on July 02, 2005 2:03 PM

      > Hello!
      >
      > Can anyone help me, how to force vim to go to the next line in
      > case going the to the right at the end of the line?

      :help l brings up the section on "Left-right motions". Quoting from
      the bottom of this section:

      | These commands move the cursor to the specified column in the
      | current line. They stop at the first column and at the end of
      | the line, except "$", which may move to one of the next lines.
      | See 'whichwrap' option to make some of the commands move across
      | line boundaries.

      This leads to :help whichwrap (or just putting the cursor on the
      word 'whichwrap' and hitting return). From there, what needs to be
      done is

      :set whichwrap+=l.

      However, note the caveat:

      | When 'l' is included, you get a side effect: "yl" on an empty
      | line will include the <EOL>, so that "p" will insert a new line.

      --Suresh