Re: Crash with 'substitute' in gvim (win32)?

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2005
      Pero Brbora wrote:

      > > If you run the same example with a debug build of gvim
      > > (gvimd.exe) ... does it give some more human-readable fault-
      > > logging information?
      >
      > Nothing except info from "fault log" (see bellow).
      >
      > I tried to provide you with a lot of info (not too much I hope).
      > I must say that I wasn't alvays able to reproduce it (!?), but I
      > managed to get some info from gdb.
      >
      > See bellow for:
      > --gdb log
      > --fault log
      > --gvimd version
      > --bugreport script (gvim)
      >
      > It would be nice if someone also could reproduce it, although crash
      > reproduction is about 90% here.
      > Also I found that "#" in 1st and 2nd line are significant, without
      > them - no crash. And if you write right before issuing command
      > history - sometimes no crash. So please use "example file" bellow
      > and follow "crash scenario".

      It appears that the crash happens in the syntax highlighting code. But
      when you edit a file like you describe syntax highlighting will not be
      used. Your bugreport also shows that the 'syntax' option is empty.
      I'm guessing you have at least done ":syntax on". Then perhaps it's the
      highlighting in the command-line window that triggers the problem...

      With your gdb report, some guessing and the "efence" library I located
      the problem: a pointer to the command-window buffer was used while it
      had already been deleted. I'll send out a patch for this.

      --
      Some of the well know MS-Windows errors:
      EMULTI Multitasking attempted, system confused