u_int not defined in nbdebug.h of vim 6.3 src

  • adah@netstd.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2005
      I found this when building a debug version of Vim 6.3.078 with

      nmake -f Make_mvc.mak GUI=yes OLE=yes IME=yes GIME=yes MBYTE=yes
      DEBUG=yes

      Adding a `typedef unsigned int u_int;' works for me, but I think there
      should be better ways.

      Best regards,

      Yongwei
    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2005
        Yongwei wrote:

        > I found this when building a debug version of Vim 6.3.078 with
        >
        > nmake -f Make_mvc.mak GUI=yes OLE=yes IME=yes GIME=yes MBYTE=yes
        > DEBUG=yes
        >
        > Adding a `typedef unsigned int u_int;' works for me, but I think there
        > should be better ways.

        Disable the NBDEBUG code. I don't know how it got enabled, it's not
        useful for Vim debugging.

        196. Your computer costs more than your car.

      • adah@netstd.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2005
          Make_mvc.mak:197:

          !if "$(DEBUG)" == "yes"
          NBDEBUG_DEFS = -DNBDEBUG
          NBDEBUG_INCL = nbdebug.h
          NBDEBUG_SRC = nbdebug.c
          !endif

          Maybe this should be patched?

          Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...>
          发件人: Bram@...
          2005-07-01 17:41

          To: adah@...
          CC: vim@...
          Subject: Re: u_int not defined in nbdebug.h of vim 6.3 src

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2005
            > Make_mvc.mak:197:
            >
            > !if "$(DEBUG)" == "yes"
            > NBDEBUG_DEFS = -DNBDEBUG
            > NBDEBUG_INCL = nbdebug.h
            > NBDEBUG_SRC = nbdebug.c
            > !endif
            >
            > Maybe this should be patched?

            I already changed that for Vim 7:

            !if "$(NBDEBUG)" == "yes"
            NBDEBUG_DEFS = -DNBDEBUG
            NBDEBUG_INCL = nbdebug.h
            NBDEBUG_SRC = nbdebug.c
            !endif

            201. When somebody asks you where you are, you tell them in which chat room.