Re: How to copy - word under cursor and filename with full path toclipboard.

  • Tim Chase
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28, 2005
      > I thought instead of quotestar, quoteplus must be used.

      I can't say I understand the intricate differences between the
      two...I only use the system clipboard on Win32 where the two are
      one and the same. On my *nix platforms, it's always vim rather
      than gvim, so I've not had to mess with which is which there. My
      feeble understanding (from ":help quotestar") is that X has
      multiple clipboards...a primary selection which is what gets
      pasted when you middle-click, and which gets overwritten whenever
      you highlight something in your applications; a secondary
      selection which (g)vim ignores; and a clipboard selection, which
      gets used like its analog on the Win32 side of things (ctrl+x/c/v
      for cut/copy/paste). YMMV.

      -tim