Re: --enable-rubyinterp -- Ruby 1.9 < 1.6???

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2005
      Matthew Huggett wrote:

      > Just to follow up my own query here:
      >
      > When checking the Ruby version, the VIM configure script actually runs a
      > bit of Ruby, not just "ruby --version". Line 2241 of
      > vim63/src/auto/configure has
      > ,----
      > | if $vi_cv_path_ruby -e 'VERSION >= "1.6.0" or exit 1'
      > `----
      > but in Ruby 1.9.0, RUBY_VERSION is used instead of VERSION. VERSION is
      > undefined. Changing the above line to
      > ,----
      > | if $vi_cv_path_ruby -e 'RUBY_VERSION >= "1.6.0" or exit 1'
      > `----
      > allows configuration with --enable-rubyinterp and Ruby 1.9.0
      >
      > (Guess I should have been more adventurous and checked the configure
      > script myself before posting-- sorry.)

      In the Vim 7 configure script this is used (should work for all Ruby
      versions):

      if $vi_cv_path_ruby -e '(VERSION rescue RUBY_VERSION) >= "1.6.0" or exit 1' >/dev/null 2>/dev/null; then

      --
      The History of every major Galactic Civilization tends to pass through
      three distinct and recognizable phases, those of Survival, Inquiry and