Re: Urgent !! on Encryption

  • Varun Gupta
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
      HI

      Once encryption is enabled , (I added the command
      'set key=varun' in .vimrc), if I want to disable it ,
      simply deleting the command from .vimrc does'nt work
      Plz help

      Varun

      --- Varun Gupta <gpta_varun@...> wrote:
      > Hi
      >

      > I have been trying the encryption option . Now i
      > enabled the encryption option. Suddenly the power
      > went
      > off. A swap file was created. Now even when i
      > disable
      > the encryption option , still i am asked for a
      > password. Is that because of a previous swap file or
      > am i doing something wrong to disable encryption.
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Varun
      >

      > __________________________________
      > Discover Yahoo!
      > Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and
      > more. Check it out!
      > http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html

      __________________________________
      Discover Yahoo!
      http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html
    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2005
        Varun Gupta wrote:

        > Once encryption is enabled , (I added the command
        > 'set key=varun' in .vimrc), if I want to disable it ,
        > simply deleting the command from .vimrc does'nt work
        > Plz help

        I think what you are looking for is:

        :set key=

        That disables the encryption. Then write the file and delete the old
        swapfile.

        8. Don't use any punctuation marks.