lost color highlihting in vim

  • Mufit Eribol
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
      I have just set up a new server (FC3). When I connect to this server
      through ssh (putty) I get no color at vi console. All config files
      appear in black and white. I don't have such a problem at similarly
      configured other servers (FC3). How can get color highlihghting for
      configuration text files back?

      Can someone pls help me?

      Thanks,
      mufit
    • Marian Csontos
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2005
        Hi,
        Creating ~/.vimrc should be enough, even empty.
        W/o it vim is in vi compatible mode.

        Regards

        -- Marian

        ________ Information from NOD32 ________