ANN: 6.3.075 executables for W32

  • A. J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31 1:54 PM
      Hi Vimmers,

      Bram published earlier today a new (75th) patch for Vim 6.3:

      Problem: After unloading another buffer, syntax highlighting in
      the current buffer may be wrong when it uses
      "containedin". (Eric Arnold)

      The corresponding bugfixed executables (with and without GUI+OLE, with
      and without debugging information) are now available: see
      http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/#ajm for more information
      and/or download.

      Happy Vimming!
      Tony.
    • Eric Arnold
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005
        Wow. Mana from heaven. I'd been working with Bram on this problem, but I
        didn't realize he'd fixed it, let alone made it available (or even that the
        root cause was "containedin", heh ).

        Thanks, Bram, Tony!

        --- "A. J. Mechelynck" <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:

        > Hi Vimmers,
        >
        > Bram published earlier today a new (75th) patch for Vim 6.3:
        >
        > Problem: After unloading another buffer, syntax highlighting in
        > the current buffer may be wrong when it uses
        > "containedin". (Eric Arnold)
        >
        > The corresponding bugfixed executables (with and without GUI+OLE, with
        > and without debugging information) are now available: see
        > http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/vim/#ajm for more information
        > and/or download.
        >
        > Happy Vimming!
        > Tony.

      • A. J. Mechelynck
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005
          Eric Arnold wrote:
          > Wow. Mana from heaven. I'd been working with Bram on this problem, but I
          > didn't realize he'd fixed it, let alone made it available (or even that the
          > root cause was "containedin", heh ).
          >
          > Thanks, Bram, Tony!

          New patches for Vim 6.3 are published on the vim-dev list and appear at
          about the same time on the FTP server. I try to compile them no more
          than 24 hours afterwards (unless, of course, I am absent from the
          computer for longer than that.)

          Of course, my system is W32 only. For other platforms, AFAIK it's still
          "compile your own". ;-)

        • Robert
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 2005
            "A. J. Mechelynck" <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote in message
            > Eric Arnold wrote:
            >> Wow. Mana from heaven. I'd been working with Bram on this problem, but
            >> didn't realize he'd fixed it, let alone made it available (or even that
            >> the
            >> root cause was "containedin", heh ).
            >>
            >> Thanks, Bram, Tony!
            >
            > New patches for Vim 6.3 are published on the vim-dev list and appear at
            > about the same time on the FTP server. I try to compile them no more
            > than 24 hours afterwards (unless, of course, I am absent from the
            > computer for longer than that.)
            >
            > Of course, my system is W32 only. For other platforms, AFAIK it's still
            > "compile your own". ;-)
            >

            > Best regards,
            > Tony.

            I much appreciate the effort!