Re: Can gvim 6.3 not remember last window size?

  • Steve Hall
    Message 1 of 5 , May 27, 2005
      On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 03:26 +0200, A. J. Mechelynck wrote:
      > panshizhu@... wrote:
      > > It is not possible to "remember" last window size.
      > [...]
      > oh, but it is, with a little bit of fancy footwork: see my post of a
      > minute or two ago.

      Another way (other than your suggested redirection of these settings
      into file) is to simply store them in an uppercase global variable and
      use a viminfo:

      :help viminfo
      :help variables [near bottom of section]

      Then on startup, these vars can be used to reset the window position
      via GuiEnter autocmd event. (This will cause a quick window flutter as
      the window re-positions and can't be helped because the globals aren't
      available before the initial window open.)

      --
      Steve Hall [ digitect mindspring com ]
      :: Cream... something good to put in your Vim!