RE: how to tell vim not to change cursor position on the screen after PageDown/PageUp

  • Eljay Love-Jensen
    Message 1 of 23 , May 26, 2005
      Hi Andrew,

      I tried the <C-U><C-U> and <C-D><C-D> trick, and it worked for me. And kept the cursor on the same visual line in the window (not always in the exact same column, due to tabs).

      Before more fiddling with mapping of <PageUp> and <PageDown>, do Ctrl-U and Ctrl-D work for you?

      :help CTRL-U
      :help CTRL-D

      I normally use Ctrl-B and Ctrl-F, which don't have the "keep cursor on the same line on the screen" behavior you desire.

      But Ctrl-U and Ctrl-D should have your desired behavior.

      --Eljay