Re: BackUp files.

  • A. J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 3 , May 26 6:46 AM
      R. shankar wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I am working in Linux 6.0
      > How do I know, a variable is set or not ?
      > For example, there is a variable called "backup".
      > How do I know that the "backup" is on or off.
      >
      > I tried
      > :verbose set backup
      > It does not give any answer.
      >
      > Regards,
      > shankar

      A variable or an option?

      To test the 'backup' option, use

      :verbose set backup?

      The question mark is important because 'backup' is a boolean option.
      Without the question mark, you set the option to TRUE.

      If you have a user-set variable named "backup", use

      :let backup

      If the variable is unset (doesn't exist) you'll get an error:

      E121: Undefined variable: backup