undo cursor position

  • G. Lari
    Message 1 of 2 , May 10, 2005
      Does exist a command to undo the last cursor movement and come back to
      previous position?
      Thanks, G.
    • Tim Chase
      Message 2 of 2 , May 10, 2005
        > Does exist a command to undo the last cursor movement and come
        > back to previous position?

        ^O is the fast/easy answer.

        Vim maintains a "jump list" of recent jumps. You can use ^O and
        ^I (that's control + "oh" and "eye", not "zero", "one" or "ell").

        Small movements don't update the jump list, but large movements do.

        See ":help jumplist" and ":help jump-motions" for more details.

        -tim