Re: VIM 6.3 installation - GUI support

  • A. J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 6 , May 6, 2005
      Varun Gupta wrote:
      > HI Neil
      >

      > Thnx for you reply .
      >
      > Actually ,,,I am relatively new to Linux /Unix
      > environment n so unaware of the various intricacies of
      > the system .
      >
      > What is mdk ?
      >
      > Where can i download the X11 header files ??
      >

      > Best Regards
      >
      > Varun
      >

      > --- Neil Bird <neil@...> wrote:
      >
      >>Around about 06/05/05 06:22, Varun Gupta typed ...
      >>
      >>>I am attaching the config log . As far as i think
      >>
      >>, it
      >>
      >>>is due to the absence of X11 header files ,.
      >>
      >>required
      >>
      >>>for GUI support . Where can i get these from .
      >>
      >> Not sure about mdk, but my CF box has the X11
      >>headers in
      >>xorg-x11-devel.rpm; any particular reason you're
      >>not using the mdk rpms?
      >>
      >>--
      >>[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
      >>[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature
      >>ls: .signature: No such file or directory
      >>[neil@fnx ~]# exit

      The header files should be wherever you installed Linux from (a CD,
      probably), in RPM packages with names similar to those of the packages
      you already have installed, but with "devel" in them. Find the devel
      .rpm filenames on your Linux CD, then install them by means of the rpm
      program (see "man rpm" for details of how to use it).