Re: ANN: VST 1.0-beta5

  • Mikolaj Machowski
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2005
      Dnia wtorek 03 maj 2005 11:42, Christian Tröster napisał:
      > Am Sonntag, 24. April 2005 10:44 schrieb Mikolaj Machowski:
      > > Vim Structured Text (VST) is a simple format of file
      > > which allows to create HTML and LaTeX document in
      > > What You See Is What You Mean mode. Features (among others):
      >
      > Mikolaj, your plugin looks very promising :) It's syntax reminds me a
      > little bit of the syntax TWiki is using. Unfortunately it's not the same
      > and I fear one (actually me ;) could mix up the two.
      >
      > Do you know TWiki and do you think it would be possible to support it's
      > syntax? ( http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/TWiki/TextFormattingRules ) That
      > would ease switching from the VST-Plugin and Vim to Twiki. It would make
      > it possible to render PDFs or LaTex files from TWiki raw text.

      I think not. If any 'commonization' would be done it would be with
      reStructuredText (http://docutils.sf.net). It is much better to read in
      text form. But I am not sure if I should this. There are pieces which
      cannot be 100% identically implemented (tables for example) and IMO
      partial compatibility may be worse than current state.

      m.
      Vim-list(s) Users Map: (last change 12 Feb)
      http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vimlist
      CLEWN - http://clewn.sf.net