Re: How does GVIM decide the current language of menus/messages?

  • Marian Csontos
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2 12:13 AM
      try :lang
      I met with similar problem some itme ago on czech|slovak windows.
      Not sure, probably it has something to do with installation.

      -- Marian

      --
      Mgr. Marián Csontos
      programátor POS

      ________ Information from NOD32 ________
      http://www.nod32.com
    • adah@netstd.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3 4:49 PM
        Thanks for the tip. Now I see that Vim judges the language according to
        the result returned by setlocal(LC_ALL, ""), if LANG is not defined. This
        value is not decided by the system locale setting (encoding for
        non-Unicode applications), but rather the "regional setting (location)"
        selected.

        So, if I use the Latin1 encoding, but set the regional setting to China
        (for the currency, time, etc. setting), Vim will choke.

        Best regards,

        Yongwei

        "Marian Csontos" <csontos@...>
        2005-05-02 15:13