run/debug a ruby script

  • Daniel W.
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2005
      Hello,

      if I code ruby with vim I run the script via :!ruby <script>

      Is there a way to redirect the output in a vim buffer and is there a way
      to debug a script via vim?

      greetings,
      daniel
    • Wind
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2005
        Hello Daniel,

        Sunday, May 1, 2005, 11:12:38 PM, you wrote:

        DW> Hello,

        DW> if I code ruby with vim I run the script via :!ruby <script>

        DW> Is there a way to redirect the output in a vim buffer and is there a way
        DW> to debug a script via vim?
        :compiler ruby

        after this type
        :make

        You can set it in your local ftplugins.

        Don't know the way to debug, except quickfix window after make.

        DW> greetings,
        DW> daniel

        Wind mailto:sonic_wind@...
      • Edward WIJAYA
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2005
          On Mon, 02 May 2005 20:56:41 +0800, Thomas Adam <thomas_adam16@...>
          wrote:

          >> Is there a way to redirect the output in a vim buffer and is there a
          >> way
          >> to debug a script via vim?

          Also, is there one for Perl?

          Edward WIJAYA
          SINGAPORE
        • Thomas Adam
          Message 4 of 5 , May 2, 2005
            --- "Daniel W." <dawh@...> wrote:
            > Hello,
            >
            > if I code ruby with vim I run the script via :!ruby <script>
            >
            > Is there a way to redirect the output in a vim buffer and is there a
            > way
            > to debug a script via vim?

            Yes. It's all best summarised here:

            http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?VimExtensions

            Actually using the ruby-enhanced version of vim, along with the
            vim-ruby scripts, really has made my life easier.

            -- Thomas Adam

            "TAG Editor" -- http://linuxgazette.net

            experience will probably kill you. :)"

          • Suresh Govindachar
            Message 5 of 5 , May 2, 2005
              Edward WIJAYA Sent on 02 May 2005 16:20:12 +0800:

              > On Mon, 02 May 2005 20:56:41 +0800, Thomas Adam wrote:
              >
              >>> Is there a way to redirect the output in a vim buffer and
              >>> is there a way to debug a script via vim?
              >
              > Also, is there one for Perl?

              See:

              --Suresh