Re: Behavior on vim 6.3 (compared to 6.2) regarding auto-indentation

  • Marian Csontos
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 4, 2005
      filetype plugin has preference before vimrc. If you want redefine this
      setting:
      1. for particular file, modelines should be used
      2. for all files of the same filetype, filetype plugin with your settings
      should be writen and placed in ~/.vim/after/ftplugin/

      -- marian

      --
      Mgr. Marián Csontos
      programátor POS

      ________ Information from NOD32 ________
      http://www.nod32.com
    • A. J. Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 4, 2005
        Ernst de Haan wrote:
        > Tony,
        [...]
        > Hmmm, I should study vim a bit more, it seems to be extremely
        > customizable...
        >

        > Ernst

        Indeed. And (AFAIK) everything is in the help. But sometimes one runs
        into a needle-and-haystack problem. The latter can be somewhat overcome
        thanks to completion (type ":help " followed by part of a keyword,
        possibly with wildcards, then hit Tab or Ctrl-D) and to the ":helpgrep"
        command.