Re: using vimspell

  • Brett Kelly
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2005
      Sometime around Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 12:42:00AM +0000, John R. Culleton said:
      > I have been using Ispell from the command line for some time
      > now. Today I put in the vimspell plugin. Now I need to learn
      > how to use it. For example when I click on the plugin menu, and
      > then alternative, I get a list of alternatives. If i key a
      > number on the numeric keypad only,(nice little gotcha) it
      > selects that alternative and substitutes it.
      >
      > Since the A in Alternative is underlined I presume that is a
      > shortcut key. But how do I activate it? I have tried a, A,
      > <Ctl>A and so on.
      >
      > The help on vimspell talks about using the backslash key as a
      > "leader" to a command sequence. It doesn't seem to work either.
      >
      > I tried reading the help in the vimspell.vim file itself but it
      > was folded. I forget how to unfold.
      >
      > The Oualline book covers none of these topics.
      >
      > --
      > John Culleton
      > Able Indexers and Typesetters
      > http://wexfordpress.com

      Not sure about the vimspell thing, but to unfold all the folds in a file, do
      zR

      Godspeed,

      Brett

      --
      Brett Kelly
      inkedmn@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 4, 2005
        On Monday 04 April 2005 07:28 am, Mathieu Clabaut wrote:
        > The default, is to use the <Leader>s? keyboard mapping (see :help
        > leader) to get alternatives. If you use gvim, you can also use the
        > right mouse button on a wod to get alternatives to this word.

        > To read the vimspell help, type :help vimspell
        > It should be unfolded by default..
        >
        > -mat
        I use gvim on Linux. The mappings described in the help are all
        present when I type :map. But they simply don't work.

        Right clicking on the underlined word simply puts me in visual
        mode.

        I also have Cream on my system, so possibly something there is
        interfering.

        As I write this (in gvim of course) I remapped the leader thus:

        :let mapleader = "\\"

        and it started working. So I will put that last in my .gvmrc and
        see if it works.