using vimspell

  • John R. Culleton
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2005
      I have been using Ispell from the command line for some time
      now. Today I put in the vimspell plugin. Now I need to learn
      how to use it. For example when I click on the plugin menu, and
      then alternative, I get a list of alternatives. If i key a
      number on the numeric keypad only,(nice little gotcha) it
      selects that alternative and substitutes it.

      Since the A in Alternative is underlined I presume that is a
      shortcut key. But how do I activate it? I have tried a, A,
      <Ctl>A and so on.

      The help on vimspell talks about using the backslash key as a
      "leader" to a command sequence. It doesn't seem to work either.

      I tried reading the help in the vimspell.vim file itself but it
      was folded. I forget how to unfold.

      The Oualline book covers none of these topics.

      --
      John Culleton
      Able Indexers and Typesetters
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2005
        Sometime around Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 12:42:00AM +0000, John R. Culleton said:
        > I have been using Ispell from the command line for some time
        > now. Today I put in the vimspell plugin. Now I need to learn
        > how to use it. For example when I click on the plugin menu, and
        > then alternative, I get a list of alternatives. If i key a
        > number on the numeric keypad only,(nice little gotcha) it
        > selects that alternative and substitutes it.
        >
        > Since the A in Alternative is underlined I presume that is a
        > shortcut key. But how do I activate it? I have tried a, A,
        > <Ctl>A and so on.
        >
        > The help on vimspell talks about using the backslash key as a
        > "leader" to a command sequence. It doesn't seem to work either.
        >
        > I tried reading the help in the vimspell.vim file itself but it
        > was folded. I forget how to unfold.
        >
        > The Oualline book covers none of these topics.
        >
        > --
        > John Culleton
        > Able Indexers and Typesetters
        > http://wexfordpress.com

        Not sure about the vimspell thing, but to unfold all the folds in a file, do
        zR

        Godspeed,

        Brett

        --
        Brett Kelly
        inkedmn@...
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4, 2005
          On Monday 04 April 2005 07:28 am, Mathieu Clabaut wrote:
          > The default, is to use the <Leader>s? keyboard mapping (see :help
          > leader) to get alternatives. If you use gvim, you can also use the
          > right mouse button on a wod to get alternatives to this word.

          > To read the vimspell help, type :help vimspell
          > It should be unfolded by default..
          >
          > -mat
          I use gvim on Linux. The mappings described in the help are all
          present when I type :map. But they simply don't work.

          Right clicking on the underlined word simply puts me in visual
          mode.

          I also have Cream on my system, so possibly something there is
          interfering.

          As I write this (in gvim of course) I remapped the leader thus:

          :let mapleader = "\\"

          and it started working. So I will put that last in my .gvmrc and
          see if it works.