Re: taglist not always showing tags

  • Yegappan Lakshmanan
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2005

      On Apr 2, 2005 10:02 AM, Kevin Coyner <kevin@...> wrote:

      > I've got the latest taglist plugin installed on a debian box along with
      > exuberant-ctags and vim 6.3.
      >
      > For a typical source code file, when :Tlist is invoked, the window
      > splits and I can see the current file, but no tags.
      >
      > But when I vim into the actual taglist.vim file itself and invoke
      > :Tlist, I get all of the taglist.vim vars and functions, etc. Works
      > great.
      >
      > So it's working great on itself, but not on any other source files.
      >
      > Separately, from the command line, if I run:
      >
      > ctags -f - --format=2 --excmd=pattern --fields=nks some-source-file
      >
      > ... ctags displays all the tags nicely.
      >
      > Anyone been down this path before?

      Did you try the steps mentioned in the following page?

      http://www.geocities.com/yegappan/taglist/faq.html

      - Yegappan
    • Kevin Coyner
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2005
        On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 10:12:18AM -0800, Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote......

        > > Separately, from the command line, if I run:
        > >
        > > ctags -f - --format=2 --excmd=pattern --fields=nks some-source-file
        > >
        > > ... ctags displays all the tags nicely.
        > >
        > > Anyone been down this path before?
        > >

        > Did you try the steps mentioned in the following page?
        >
        > http://www.geocities.com/yegappan/taglist/faq.html
        >
        > - Yegappan

        Thanks.

        Yes, I started there. That's where I found the ctags command listed
        above, which works just fine. And like I mentioned earlier, taglist is
        working fine when I open up $HOME/.vim/plugin/taglist.vim. I can see
        all of its functions and vars.

        When taglist runs, does it need permissions to write temp files
        anywhere?

        --
        Kevin Coyner GnuPG key: 1024D/8CE11941 http://rustybear.com/pubkey.php