taglist not always showing tags

  • Kevin Coyner
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2 10:02 AM
      I've got the latest taglist plugin installed on a debian box along with
      exuberant-ctags and vim 6.3.

      For a typical source code file, when :Tlist is invoked, the window
      splits and I can see the current file, but no tags.

      But when I vim into the actual taglist.vim file itself and invoke
      :Tlist, I get all of the taglist.vim vars and functions, etc. Works
      great.

      So it's working great on itself, but not on any other source files.

      Separately, from the command line, if I run:

      ctags -f - --format=2 --excmd=pattern --fields=nks some-source-file

      ... ctags displays all the tags nicely.

      Anyone been down this path before?

      Thanks,
      Kevin

      --
    • Yegappan Lakshmanan
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2 10:12 AM

        On Apr 2, 2005 10:02 AM, Kevin Coyner <kevin@...> wrote:

        > I've got the latest taglist plugin installed on a debian box along with
        > exuberant-ctags and vim 6.3.
        >
        > For a typical source code file, when :Tlist is invoked, the window
        > splits and I can see the current file, but no tags.
        >
        > But when I vim into the actual taglist.vim file itself and invoke
        > :Tlist, I get all of the taglist.vim vars and functions, etc. Works
        > great.
        >
        > So it's working great on itself, but not on any other source files.
        >
        > Separately, from the command line, if I run:
        >
        > ctags -f - --format=2 --excmd=pattern --fields=nks some-source-file
        >
        > ... ctags displays all the tags nicely.
        >
        > Anyone been down this path before?

        Did you try the steps mentioned in the following page?

        http://www.geocities.com/yegappan/taglist/faq.html

        - Yegappan
      • Kevin Coyner
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2 10:55 AM
          On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 10:12:18AM -0800, Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote......

          > > Separately, from the command line, if I run:
          > >
          > > ctags -f - --format=2 --excmd=pattern --fields=nks some-source-file
          > >
          > > ... ctags displays all the tags nicely.
          > >
          > > Anyone been down this path before?
          > >

          > Did you try the steps mentioned in the following page?
          >
          > http://www.geocities.com/yegappan/taglist/faq.html
          >
          > - Yegappan

          Thanks.

          Yes, I started there. That's where I found the ctags command listed
          above, which works just fine. And like I mentioned earlier, taglist is
          working fine when I open up $HOME/.vim/plugin/taglist.vim. I can see
          all of its functions and vars.

          When taglist runs, does it need permissions to write temp files
          anywhere?

          --
          Kevin Coyner GnuPG key: 1024D/8CE11941 http://rustybear.com/pubkey.php