Re: ANN: YankRing 1.5

  • Brent Rice
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2005
      Things have definitely gotten better! Thanks!

      A couple more items that I just noticed are the use of repeat (using
      '.') commands of i, I, a, or A. As common behavior is seen between all
      stated commands, I will only provide a single example. Take the lines
      below.

      One
      Two
      Three
      Four

      Move to Two
      Type 'a' to enter insert mode after the T. Enter the word 'FIVE'. Hit
      escape.

      One
      TFIVEwo
      Three
      Four

      Move to Four. Hit '.' Nothing happens.
      It should insert FIVE just after the F in Four.
      As noted above, similar (lack of) behavior is seen for i, I, a, and A.

      One other quick thing to note is that the o and O commands don't repeat
      properly. For the most part, the problem is analagous to that seen for
      i, I, a, and A. The exception is when 'o' is used simply to create a
      new blank line (Typing 'o' and immediately hitting escape).
      Repeating this operation does open a new line, but leaves you in insert
      mode. It should simply create a new blank line below your current
      line and leave you in normal mode.

      Brent