How to get get Intellisense for GVIM working.

  • Eric Leenman
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2005
      Hi,

      I'm trying to use Intellisense for VIM. (http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=747)

      I 've done all what is set in the intellisense.txt.

      One thing that I did different was to set the $VIM_INTELLISNESE as described.
      I did take a look at the intellisense.vim file and added it that way in my _vimrc

      I have the following in my _vimrc file:
      [start of _vimrc]
      set nocompatible
      source $VIMRUNTIME/vimrc_example.vim
      source $VIMRUNTIME/mswin.vim
      behave mswin
      let g:intellisense_root_dir=expand('$VIM/Intellisense')

      [... personal mappings...]

      {end of _vimrc]

      I have removed all other plugins to exclude the change that they could vim scripts interferring.

      When I press <C-Space-a> it does select everything (like CTRL-A in windows), iso showing the pop-up windows
      When I press <C-Space-f> it does nothing.

      Any help is a appreciated.

      Best rgds,

      Eric Leenman

      Disclaimer:
      De informatie verzonden met deze e-mail is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Gebruik van deze informatie door anderen dan de geadresseerde is verboden. Greefa accepteert, mede gezien het onveilige karakter van berichten via internet, geen enkele juridische aansprakelijkheid voor de inhoud van dit bericht.
      The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. Use of this information , in whatever way, by others is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Greefa does not accept legal responsibility for this e-mail message due to the insecure nature of internet communications.
    • David Fishburn
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2005

        Sorry, meant to respond this morning.

        What language are you trying complete?
        Java
        C++
        C#
        JSP
        XML
        HTML
        SQL

        By <C-Space-a> and <C-Space-f> I am assuming you are using the SQL
        Intellisense plugin.

        So first thing to check:
        1. Restart Vim and check if there are any messages displayed.
        gvim dave.sql
        :mess

        2. What version of Intellisense are you using:
        vim\vimfiles\plugin\intellisense.vim
        " Version : 1.??

        3. Look in this directory
        > let g:intellisense_root_dir=expand('$VIM/Intellisense')

        You should have a:
        sqlft.dll
        sqlft <directory>

        In sqlft<directory>
        14,112 sqlall.txt
        8,210 sqlfunctions.txt
        1,390 sqlkeywords.txt
        152 sqloperators.txt
        3,258 sqloptions.txt
        812 sqlstatements.txt
        290 sqltypes.txt

        4. > let g:intellisense_root_dir=expand('$VIM/Intellisense')
        Since that is the default, this is not necessary.

        Dave
      • Eric Leenman
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2005
          I'm trying to use if for cpp files.

          My answers to your questions:
          1: When I type :mess I get no relevant messages
          2: I'm using version 1.30
          3: I find the sqlft.dll and directory.
          My sqlft directory is empty.
          4: I will remove that line.

          I also get sometimes the message , it doesn't happens al the time.
          "The Instruction at "0x...." referenced Memory at "0x..." . The memory could not be "read".
          Click OK to terminate the program.
          Click CANCEl to debug the program.

          I don't know if this is W2K SP4 problem or a hardware problem with my Pc/memory.

          Best Rgds,

          Eric

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 5, 2005
            Without doing anything yet, it seems that it's working for functions.
            The mapping keys apperently doesn't work.