Re: debian packages for vim7 ?

  • marc chantreux
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2005
      jamessan@... wrote:
      > You can get vim7 pacakges by adding the following line to your
      > sources.list:
      >
      > deb http://people.debian.org/~nobse/vim7 ./

      sorry, but i failed to use this source :

      deb http://people.debian.org/~nobse/vim7 ./
      added to /etc/apt/sources.list

      apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

      i've tried pinning : people.debian.org has 999 now

      but i'm unable to update to vim7 :(

      regards
    • Norbert Tretkowski
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2005
        * marc chantreux wrote:
        > jamessan@... wrote:
        > > You can get vim7 pacakges by adding the following line to your
        > > sources.list:
        > >
        > > deb http://people.debian.org/~nobse/vim7 ./
        >
        > sorry, but i failed to use this source :
        >
        > deb http://people.debian.org/~nobse/vim7 ./
        > added to /etc/apt/sources.list
        >
        > apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
        >
        > i've tried pinning : people.debian.org has 999 now
        >
        > but i'm unable to update to vim7 :(

        What's the result of 'apt-cache policy vim'?

        Norbert
      • marc chantreux
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2005
          >>i've tried pinning : people.debian.org has 999 now
          >>but i'm unable to update to vim7 :(
          > What's the result of 'apt-cache policy vim'?

          well ... shame on me : there was a syntax error in my apt/preferences

          works fine now. thanks !

          regards

          mc