debian packages for vim7 ?

  • marc chantreux
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2005
      Hi all,

      I'm wondering if there are still some debian packages for vim7? I wait
      for viml improvements for long time and cannot wait anymore :-)

      regards

      mc
    • jamessan@jamessan.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 31, 2005
        On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 11:14:31AM +0200, marc chantreux wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > I'm wondering if there are still some debian packages for vim7? I wait
        > for viml improvements for long time and cannot wait anymore :-)

        You can get vim7 pacakges by adding the following line to your
        sources.list:

        deb http://people.debian.org/~nobse/vim7 ./

        James
      • marc chantreux
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 31, 2005
          jamessan@... wrote:
          > You can get vim7 pacakges by adding the following line to your
          > sources.list:
          >
          > deb http://people.debian.org/~nobse/vim7 ./

          sorry, but i failed to use this source :

          deb http://people.debian.org/~nobse/vim7 ./
          added to /etc/apt/sources.list

          apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

          i've tried pinning : people.debian.org has 999 now

          but i'm unable to update to vim7 :(

          regards
        • Norbert Tretkowski
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2005
            * marc chantreux wrote:
            > jamessan@... wrote:
            > > You can get vim7 pacakges by adding the following line to your
            > > sources.list:
            > >
            > > deb http://people.debian.org/~nobse/vim7 ./
            >
            > sorry, but i failed to use this source :
            >
            > deb http://people.debian.org/~nobse/vim7 ./
            > added to /etc/apt/sources.list
            >
            > apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
            >
            > i've tried pinning : people.debian.org has 999 now
            >
            > but i'm unable to update to vim7 :(

            What's the result of 'apt-cache policy vim'?

            Norbert
          • marc chantreux
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1, 2005
              >>i've tried pinning : people.debian.org has 999 now
              >>but i'm unable to update to vim7 :(
              > What's the result of 'apt-cache policy vim'?

              well ... shame on me : there was a syntax error in my apt/preferences

              works fine now. thanks !

              regards

              mc