Re: mappings in Select-mode

  • Luc Hermitte
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2005
      Hello,

      * On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 04:06:29PM +0200, Eric Leenman <ELeenman@...> wrote:
      > I have a the following mapping voor my CTRL-cursor keys.
      >
      > noremap <C-Left> b
      > noremap <C-Right> w

      > inoremap <c-\><c-n> <C-left>
      > inoremap <c-\><c-n> <C-Right>

      You mean "inoremap <c-left> <c-\><c-n>", don't you ?

      > I have a line: printf("Hello World"); and I'm in INSERT-MODE When I'm
      > at the p of printf and I press 3 times CTRL-LEFT then it jumps to the
      > ( and then to H and then to W.
      >
      > When I press SHIFT , so that I can select and copy the my mapping
      > doesn't work anymore.
      > How do I get this working when I'm in Select-mode?

      Select-mode is a similar to visual-mode.
      You will have to extend your mappings to support visual-mode - however
      you should not have to do anything as <c-left> is already supported in
      visual- and select-modes

      And AFAIK, there is unfortunatelly no way to tell whether we are in
      visual or select-mode.

      --
      Luc Hermitte
      http://hermitte.free.fr/vim/