Re: questions

  • Antony Scriven
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 30, 2005
      A. J. Mechelynck wrote:

      > Antony Scriven wrote:
      > > A. J. Mechelynck wrote:

      > [...]
      > Now I see where it is said in the help that the nesting
      > is limited to 10 levels to avoid runaway recursion.
      >
      > > My version appears to update indefinitely.
      >
      > Apparently you found a bug and used it as a feature.
      > Beware: someday the "bug" may get "fixed", causing E218
      > even with "normal! :doau".

      On reflection you may well be right. I realise now that I'm
      being too complicated and that the doau in the norm! is
      irrelevant. Try

      :set ut=500
      :au CursorHold * exe "norm! :\<C-C>" | echo localtime()

      Antony
    • John Doe
      Message 32 of 32 , Apr 1, 2005
        > > Now if you would find a workaround that would
        > enable one
        > > to set the insert mode from within an event
        > handler
        > > immediately ...
        >
        > I'm not sure what you mean by this.

        If I write startinsert out of an autocommand (timing)
        handler, the insert mode will not kick in immediately,
        only after pressing a key.

        Make Yahoo! your home page
        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs