Re: integrating .net debugger

  • Mathias Michaelis
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 30, 2005
      Tony

      > I haven't tested it, but there seems to be a detailed answer
      > several level deep after that message, at
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vim/message/53753

      I tested it, but it is not a really good integration: When you
      double click on a file in the integrated project explorer within
      Visual Studio .NET, the integrated editor is opened -- not gvim.
      Then you can select a menu item or a previously self created button
      in order to open gvim with that file. What a long way!

      By following the links you come across this tip:

      http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=580

      This one I haven't tested, but it seems to be a bit more useful: It
      goes the other way around: Within gvim you can open the developer
      studio by pressing some special key.

      But I have still the opinion that it isn't possible to connect vim
      with some external debugger, and this is what Brett originally
      wanted. To do something like that, many data and commands would have
      to be transfered from vim to the debugger as well as from the
      debugger back to vim. At least the Microsoft command line debugger
      is not prepared to speak with vim, but I suspect that vim as well
      cannot control the debugger :-\ Probably there is a lack of standard
      interface between editors and debuggers.

      With best regards

      Mathias