Re: Looking for a colorscheme.

  • A. J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 29, 2005
      drchip@... wrote:
      > Quoting KWrzalik <kwrzalik@...>:
      >

      >>Hello, recently I've started tinkering with PHP. Of course I do all my
      >>coding in Vim, and I wonder if there's a colorscheme that would mimick
      >>the synatax highlighting found in code samples from www.php.net.
      >>
      >>Alternatively I remember someone mentioning a script that creates
      >>highlighting file from the colors in Vim. Could you please refer me to
      >>its location?
      >>
      >>Many thanks in advance
      >>

      > Hello!
      >
      > The "hicolor.vim" is part help, part colorscheme file generator.
      >
      > http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=1081
      >
      > :he hicolors will bring up the colors page, where each labelled item
      > is a standard/common highlighting group name in its own current colors.
      > A leftmouse click on such a label brings up any help for that label.
      > A rightmouse click brings up a color editor.
      >
      > HTH,
      > Chip Campbell

      Hi Dr. Chip!

      I just installed that script and I notice that the names listed below
      are shown as white-on-white except for the character under the cursor
      (if any); this is gvim.exe 7.0aa for W32, no colorscheme has been set.
      Interspersed comments apply to the immediately preceding color name(s).
      My guess is that they are (a) the groups whose colouring is set
      implicitly (Normal) (b) those where it is set without explicitly naming
      a colour (as with either gui=reverse or guifg=bg guibg=fg), or (c)
      undefined groups (e.g. Green, Menu).

      I notice that there is no help tag for lCursor (no ":help hl-lCursor")
      even though it is a default name. One has to "suck out of one's finger"
      that the help for it is implicitly under ":help 'guicursor'". I guess
      this could be regarded as a bug in $VIMRUNTIME/doc/syntax.txt.

      AltAltUnique
      AltConstant
      AltFunction
      AltType
      AltUnique
      ... I don't know what these "Alt" names are for
      Blue
      Cyan
      Green
      Ignore
      ... I suppose this one "should" be invisible
      IncSearch
      ... but I can use incremental search
      lCursor
      ... is this normal? no keymap has been set
      ... ":hi lCursor" answers: lCursor xxx guifg=bg guibg=fg
      Magenta
      Menu
      ModeMsg
      Normal
      ... but "normal" text is in black on white
      ... ":hi Normal" answers:
      ... Normal xxx font=Lucida_Console:h8:cDEFAULT
      Red
      Scrollbar
      StatusLine
      StatusLineNC
      ... but status lines display OK
      ... ":hi StatusLineNC" answers:
      ... StatusLineNC term=reverse cterm=reverse gui=reverse
      Tags
      ... highlight group Tags is undefined,
      ... but Tag links to Special
      Unique