questions

  • John Doe
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 29, 2005
      1. does there exist a portable way to cd to a
      directory? Currenlty I use
      cd $VIMRUNTIME
      cd dir1
      i.e. a series of cds instead of separating dirnames
      with \ or /

      2. Does there exist a way to retrigger the HoldCursor
      event without pressing a key?

      3. How can I obtain (as a string) the first line of
      the currently selected buffer?

      Thanks!

      Make Yahoo! your home page
      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • John Doe
      Message 32 of 32 , Apr 1, 2005
        > > Now if you would find a workaround that would
        > enable one
        > > to set the insert mode from within an event
        > handler
        > > immediately ...
        >
        > I'm not sure what you mean by this.

        If I write startinsert out of an autocommand (timing)
        handler, the insert mode will not kick in immediately,
        only after pressing a key.

        Make Yahoo! your home page
        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs