RE: Alt-q emacs available in vim? latex question

  • Carlos Beltran
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2, 2005
      It formats the paragraph to stay into the textwidth. And yes,
      gq options work perfectly, moreover I have discovered the autoformat
      option "set fo+=a" that works great!.

      Thanks people!

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 14, 2005
        Hello All,

        I have not been able to find
        the way to map the right window key
        in my keyboard to work as the right
        ctrl. I touch type and for me is really
        difficult to arrive to the right control
        key with my right little finger. Is there
        a way to map the right windows key or at least
        the alt-gr key into the right-control key?

        As this probably is OS dependent I must say
        that I am using windows 2000.

        Thank you very much

        Carlos.
      • A. J. Mechelynck
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 14, 2005
          Carlos Beltran wrote:
          > Hello All,
          >
          > I have not been able to find
          > the way to map the right window key
          > in my keyboard to work as the right
          > ctrl. I touch type and for me is really
          > difficult to arrive to the right control
          > key with my right little finger. Is there
          > a way to map the right windows key or at least
          > the alt-gr key into the right-control key?
          >
          > As this probably is OS dependent I must say
          > that I am using windows 2000.
          >
          > Thank you very much
          >
          > Carlos.

          I don't think Vim can do it but there are Microsoft utilities which can
          do it; they are usually not installed with Windows, you have to get them
          separately from the Microsoft site.

        • Dylan Doolittle
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 13, 2014
            I want to create text files that are tagged and linked to each other just like vim help files (see http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Browsing_programs_with_tags). I am not the first who wants to do this, see http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Add_your_note_files_to_Vim_help or http://vim.1045645.n5.nabble.com/making-your-own-tagfile-td1191896.html or http://ctags.sourceforge.net/EXTENDING.html or http://pnotepad.org/docs/howto/tag_custom_languages/ but the two commonly accepted solutions don't work for me: (1) Learn how to define a new language in ctags, which is beyond my skill; and (2) just write your text files as part of vim help and compile using the :helptags command.

            I know enough ctags that I can run a command like this in a directory with all my text files:

            ctags -R --langdef=mynotes --langmap=mynotes:.mnt --regex-salsa=/\\*\(.+\)\\*/\1/ .

            but --regex-salsa=/\\*\(.+\)\\*/\1/ is my concoction and doesn't really work. What does :helptags use? In emacs, it's really easy to find out what a command does. I don't know how to do this in vi. Under the hood, it must use a ctags command, but I can't find the source so that I can emulate it.

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 14, 2014
              On 14/09/14 03:01, Dylan Doolittle wrote:
              > I want to create text files that are tagged and linked to each other just like vim help files (see http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Browsing_programs_with_tags). I am not the first who wants to do this, see http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Add_your_note_files_to_Vim_help or http://vim.1045645.n5.nabble.com/making-your-own-tagfile-td1191896.html or http://ctags.sourceforge.net/EXTENDING.html or http://pnotepad.org/docs/howto/tag_custom_languages/ but the two commonly accepted solutions don't work for me: (1) Learn how to define a new language in ctags, which is beyond my skill; and (2) just write your text files as part of vim help and compile using the :helptags command.
              >
              > I know enough ctags that I can run a command like this in a directory with all my text files:
              >
              > ctags -R --langdef=mynotes --langmap=mynotes:.mnt --regex-salsa=/\\*\(.+\)\\*/\1/ .
              >
              > but --regex-salsa=/\\*\(.+\)\\*/\1/ is my concoction and doesn't really work. What does :helptags use? In emacs, it's really easy to find out what a command does. I don't know how to do this in vi. Under the hood, it must use a ctags command, but I can't find the source so that I can emulate it.

              AFAIK, under the hood Vim does not invoke an external ctags utility, it
              has its own tag searching routines in C code. Tags (destinations of
              hotlinks) are defined IIUC as any word between asterisks, where words
              are defined (I think) by the 'isk' setting in the modeline at the bottom
              of $VIMRUNTIME/doc/help.txt

              See also:
              :help bars
              $VIMRUNTIME/syntax/help.vim and in particular the entries for
              helpHyperTextEntry at lines 22-30.

              and if you have the Vim source: src/tag.c

              There was a young fellow named Bliss
              Whose sex life was strangely amiss,
              For even with Venus
              His recalcitrant penis