Re: Out of memeory error at UTF-8 editing

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2 3:19 AM
      Hiroshi Iwatani wrote:

      > After I added these entries explicitly in my .vimrc,
      > the dreadful phenomenon disappeared.
      >
      > set encoding=japan
      > set fileencodings=utf-8,euc-jp,sjis
      >
      > My guess is iconv bug or that of its calling procedure
      > on Vim side. ...Kind of an infinite search making an huge
      > search space?...

      It's indeed possible that there is a problem with conversion. Can you
      see what the values for 'encoding' and 'fileencodings' are when the
      problem appears? Does it only happen when you edit a file? Did you try
      skipping loading of plugins?

      --
      There is a fine line between courage and foolishness.
      Unfortunately, it's not a fence.