An habitual X error from gvim

  • Hiroshi Iwatani
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2005
      On Fecora Core 3 and Gnome environment, gvim(6.3.62) invoked from
      command line always emits the same error:

      BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
      Vim: X error detected <-- Japanese
      Vim: exited <-- Japanese
      �39;0M

      --
      Hiroshi Iwatani

      *stop cruelty* Annual number of institutionally euthanized cats and dogs
      including kittens and puppies: US 5 million, JP 500 thousand. How about
      your country? *for our better karma*
      ---------------------
    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2005
        Hiroshi Iwatani wrote:

        > On Fecora Core 3 and Gnome environment, gvim(6.3.62) invoked from
        > command line always emits the same error:
        >
        > BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
        > Vim: X error detected <-- Japanese
        > Vim: exited <-- Japanese
        > |39;0M

        Since it works OK for most people, this is either something in your
        environment or a problem in the GUI libraries used. What GUI is it
        compiled with, GTK+ 2?

        --
        GOD: That is your purpose Arthur ... the Quest for the Holy Grail ...