Re: Out of memeory error at UTF-8 editing

  • Hiroshi Iwatani
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
      After I added these entries explicitly in my .vimrc,
      the dreadful phenomenon disappeared.

      set encoding=japan
      set fileencodings=utf-8,euc-jp,sjis

      My guess is iconv bug or that of its calling procedure
      on Vim side. ...Kind of an infinite search making an huge
      search space?...

      --
      Hiroshi Iwatani

      *stop cruelty* Annual number of institutionally euthanized cats and dogs
      including kittens and puppies: US 5 million, JP 500 thousand. How about
      your country? *for our better karma*
      ---------------------
    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2005
        Hiroshi Iwatani wrote:

        > After I added these entries explicitly in my .vimrc,
        > the dreadful phenomenon disappeared.
        >
        > set encoding=japan
        > set fileencodings=utf-8,euc-jp,sjis
        >
        > My guess is iconv bug or that of its calling procedure
        > on Vim side. ...Kind of an infinite search making an huge
        > search space?...

        It's indeed possible that there is a problem with conversion. Can you
        see what the values for 'encoding' and 'fileencodings' are when the
        problem appears? Does it only happen when you edit a file? Did you try
        skipping loading of plugins?

        --
        There is a fine line between courage and foolishness.
        Unfortunately, it's not a fence.