toggle toolbar in gvim

  • Angelina Carlton
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
      Hello

      In gvim, in the Edit->Global Settings menu, Toggle Toolbar will kill the
      toolbar and icons for me which is desired, but this setting is
      not preserved when I restart, the toolbar apppears again, same thing
      for the scrollbar, Id like if possible not to see these things when
      gvim starts. possible?

      thanks!
      --
      Angelina Carlton
    • Tim Chase
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
        > In gvim, in the Edit->Global Settings menu, Toggle Toolbar
        > will kill the toolbar and icons for me which is desired, but
        > this setting is not preserved when I restart, the toolbar
        > apppears again, same thing for the scrollbar, Id like if
        > possible not to see these things when gvim starts. possible?

        Simply put the following line in your gvimrc (either .gvimrc or
        _gvimrc depending on your platform)

        set guioptions-=T

        You can also get rid of the menu, tearoff menus, and other such
        items. For more information, check out

        :help 'guioptions'
        :help gvimrc

        which should get you started.

        -tim
      • A. J. Mechelynck
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
          Angelina Carlton wrote:
          > Hello
          >
          > In gvim, in the Edit->Global Settings menu, Toggle Toolbar will kill the
          > toolbar and icons for me which is desired, but this setting is
          > not preserved when I restart, the toolbar apppears again, same thing
          > for the scrollbar, Id like if possible not to see these things when
          > gvim starts. possible?
          >
          > thanks!

          Of course it is. You just need the proper setting in your vimrc. In this
          case one possibility is

          if exists("+guioptions")
          set guioptions-=T
          endif

          HTH,
          Tony.
        • Angelina Carlton
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2005
            Perfect...Thanks so much for the speedy replies :-)

            --
            Angelina Carlton